Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Validating Filter: The server prompting has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcy122060

Technical User
Feb 15, 2010
US
I received this error (The server prompting has failed. The request was cancelled) when validating a filter (_days_between ([Model Queries].[URL Model Query].[URL_DATE] ,current_date) >= 10) in the Detail Filter Expression dialog in Report Studio.

When performing a "Validate" a dialog appears that states, "Validating with report server ..." then a blank dialog would appear. After a few seconds the following message appears on the dialog:
PRS-PRH-0251 The request to target "Dispatcher" could not be submitted.
Under details the message was:
java.io.IOException : Failed to send HTTP request or read HTTP response
After closing the blank dialog, the following error appears:
The server prompting has failed. The request was cancelled.

This just started happening. I was previously able to validate the report. I did just recently reboot my laptop.
Does this have something to do with a prompt in the filter? Originally there was a prompt, but I removed it (I was having difficulty getting it to work).

Report Studio, Framework Manager and IBM Content Database are all loaded locally on my laptop. I'm using Internet Information Services (IIS) as the web server.

What does this error mean?

Please disregard. I restarted the services in Cognos Configuration Manager and that cleared up the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back