Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error upgrading BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

actua

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
I HAVE A MS-5148 MBOARD AND WAS URGRADING BIOS
BUT INSTEAD OF USING FILE W548MSXX.BIN I USED W558MSXX.BIN
[FOR A DIFERENT MBORD].WHEN I RESTARTED THE PC IT JUST DIDN'T BOOT, NOT EVEN THE MONITOR CAME ON.I TRY A COUPLE OF TIMES AND NOTHING.
IS THERE A WAY TO UNDO AND FLASH THE COORRECT FILE OR IS THIS A FATAL MISTAKE AND I DAMAGE THE BIOS?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING OUT!!

Have you tried to reboot using the correct file version for BIOS flash, you would need to make a bootable disk with that BIOS flash program on it, however it may not work. Usually when you incorrectly flash a BIOS your motherboard is KAPUT! If you were trying to upgrade because your motherboard BIOS was old, then look on the bright side, you have a useless board but you need a new one anyway if it was that old. Go out and buy a newer motherboard, they can be purchased relatively cheap. I would try to reflash with the correct bios flash and if it works your all set, if not you needed a new board anyhow. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back