Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error updating local ID file: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLee

Programmer
Jan 28, 2001
AU
I frequently get the following error that is causing some concern with Lotus Notes 5.0.4 Client

Error updating local ID file: Internal error: a required parameter in a subroutine has not been supplied

If anyone can help with some info I'd be very happy.

Thanks Chris

Hi there Chris

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but it's all I can think of (I only know certain aspects of this kind of stuff). Have you tried deleting the local ID file and replacing it with a fresh copy of the ID file from the Master address book? This might stop the problem from happening again... although I have no idea why it's happening. It's all I can think of.

Ta
Kerrin

I actually found out that its a known bug in Notes client 5.0.4 and by upgrading to 5.0.4a the problem is fixed.
Also I upgraded another machine BEFORE I did mine and it fixed my ID file for me.
So in 5.0.4 it was fixed. but I recommend upgrading to 5.0.4a so fix it properly.

Thanks to Kerrin for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back