Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error - The specified port is not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKL01

Programmer
Sep 14, 2000
US
Hi,

I have Netzero and AT&T internet connections on my PC. I was able to use both of them until I mergerd D drive with C drive. AT&T was on D drive. I'm not able to uninstall AT&T global network client as path is changed now. I reinstalled it on C drive without uninstalling it.

Netzero is working fine. But AT&T is giving error message "The specified port is not connected" while dialing.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks much.

Well, sure sounds like a software problem? Did you use some application to repartition your hard drive? Your best bet then might be to reformat and do a clean installation of the operating system.

However, you might contact AT&T and ask them for instructions on manually removing their software.

I suspect you'll have to edit the registry, but it may be worth a shot before reloading.

Don't forget to delete your dialer connections in your os too.

Good luck!

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Hi,
I had to install Win98se on my desktop after a hdd crash.I now get a red flag for irq3 in system info.this won't allow my modem to operate properly.Device manager won't allow me to change this setting.
I have a Asus motherboard with Intel chipset.
Please help me with this problem.
Bye the way I have reformatted and reinstalled twice, to no avail.
afren4

Please post in a new thread.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back