Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error. The specified network password is not correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckG

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
Have a ASP.NET app that's attempting to do a Google Single Sign on, that keeps kicking back with the error that a specified network password is not correct. I'm not quite sure which password.

Here's the situation.

We have an existing IIS 6 (running on 2003 SP1) that is currently running this ASP.NET app fine.

I've walked into someone else (before I started with this company) started building a new IIS 7 (2008 R2) server to replace the existing one.

But they've not been able to get the SSO to Google to work correctly.

If both machines are up, and the domain name that the SSL Cert using is pointing to the IIS 6 system, both systems can use the SSO.

But if I re-IP the IIS 6 system, and give the IIS 7 system the IP of the old system (making it the active server that the SSL Cert is pointing to), I get the following error (see attachment) when someone attempts to use the SSO.

The only thing I've found so far is that the application pool on the IIS 6 is using the Network Service and on the IIS 7 was set to use ApplicationPoolIdentity

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ChuckG
-=-=-=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back