Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error submiting Checkbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RnK

Programmer
Apr 6, 2002
US
I have a page with several form fields including 6 checkboxes with different names. If I submit the page with none of the checkboxes selected it works fine. If I select one or more of the checkboxes I recieve an error on the next field before any proccessing. Below is a copy of the error message:

Form Entries Incomplete or Invalid
One or more problems exist with the data you have entered.
04/07/03

04/05/03

04/08/03

04/09/03

04/10/03

04/11/03

04/06/03

Use the Back button on your web browser to return to the previous page and correct the listed problems.

All of the dates listed in the above will submit if the checkbox is not selected.

Any help would be great.
If you need to see the pages let me know and I'll move them to our external server for a while.

Thanks
RnK

It sounds like you're using CF's form error checking and it doesn't like the values of the checkboxes. If your checkbox is named "date1", look for a hidden input called "date1_numeric" or something similar. This would tell CF to screen the input from date1 and make sure it's a numeric. If not, CF will generate an automatic error page similar to what you're describing. With checkboxes, you have to set their value with the attribute "value" like this:

<checkbox name=&quot;date1&quot; value=&quot;myDate&quot;>

If the &quot;value&quot; attribute is missing or is set to incorrectly, this could cause the error you're describing.

If this isn't it, just let me know and we'll look at other possibilities.
GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back