Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: SP2-0317.....anyone know what this means?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicendice

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
GB
Hi
I am trying to compile a PL/SQL package from a SQL*Plus prompt and I'm getting the following error reported:

SP2-0317: expected symbol name is missing
SP2-0317: expected symbol name is missing

(Yes....it occurs twice!) I've tried searching on Google without any success, and I've also tried Metalink, where there was one hit but it wasn't relevant (it was going on about the SQL containing an '&' char, which my package has none of!)

Does anyone know what this error means? Or how to get rid of it?

Thanks very much

Can you post the code?

Also, was a line number given with the error?

Have you tried to compile it in a software package like TOAD or Enterprise Manager?

Did it work before and is only now giving the error, or is this the first compile attempt?

Thanks JP

I tried compiling it in TOAD and it brought up an error straight away (undeclared variable) - corrected this and it compiled OK.

Tried compiling in SQL*Plus again and all worked fine!

Thanks for your help - don't really know why SQL*Plus got it's knickers in a twist (and I'm still not sure what SP2-0317 actually means!), but it seems to be OK now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back