Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error - source out of date

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajarama

Programmer
Dec 15, 2000
IN
Hi everybody

I have created a stand alone executable file for certain programs using 2.6(a) version of fox.
The problem is that when the exe is loaded in different directory, some time messages like source out of date appears. I wolud like to know the reasons for such error please.

Rajarama

when you wrote you orignal code did you use code that would work using different dos path names?

Hiya,

The only times I bump into that message is when I port the project to a different platform and try to debug it.
I solved the problem then by opening the source file, typing a space in front and removing it, so the editor would save the file ; then I wouldn't get the error anymore.

In this case, it's not in the debug window (I think?) so I suggest you rebuild the project file and check the "Rebuild all" toggle box.
Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time." (De Rochefoucald)

Maybe you 'Excluded' one of the programs from the project when you compiled the executable. If so, the executable is going to try to run the .FXP file instead of code built into the executable. If you have modified the .PRG, since building the .EXE, that could be a problem.

Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back