Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error saving word file to Netware 5 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk1221

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi, I'm getting the following error when saving a word file to a folder on our Netware 5 server.

"The save failed due to out of memory or disk space"

The pc is a new Dell with windows 7 Pro and the Win7 Netware client. The server has plenty of free space. And the user has full permissions to the folder. Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 - The problem might be too Much disk space, which the Netware Client can't handle. Try saving to a smaller volume, or one with less free disk space.
2 - How long is the filename, and does it have spaces in it ? Does most of the first string of characters in the filename exactly match those of one or more files already in the folder ? If so, make the duplicating part of the names into a folder name, and use shorter, less redundant filenames.

Fred Wagner

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be upgrading the Netware client. There was a patch released a few months ago that addressed this issue amoung many other. So far I'm ok.

Netware 5 is a little long in the tooth for 2011 my friend. Upgrade plans????

Agreed. We're probably going to replace with a Windows 2008 server soon. Will miss the Netware days. Unless there is a viable Netware upgrade path I don't know about. I'm not sure where they're at these days.

OES = Open Enterprise server - running either Netware or Linux kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back