Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Restoring Arcserve 9 backup with 11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

frdba

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I am trying to restore files that were backed up using Arcserve v9 using v11.5 and get the following error:

AE0059 RootDirectory(\\server\e$) is invalid

Help tells me the following:

Error AE0059
RootDirectory(%hs) is invalid
Reason:
The job packet contains an invalid root directory, possibly because the session operated on has been created by another agent. The restore job cannot run.

Action:
Contact Customer Support at for online technical assistance and a complete list of locations, primary service hours, and telephone numbers.

Anyone know of a way around this? Our support has run out with CA...

More info:

I get this same error when restoring from arcserve 9.

I'm thinking this may be an issue with the server I'm trying to restore to. I think the error message is misleading since it refers to the path the file is on the tape. I was able to restore the files to another server. We checked permissions on the drives and made sure we weren't restoring to a mapped drive.

No idea why I can't restore to this particular server..

make sure the job is configured to use the client agent for the restore and that the agent is the 11.5 version.

If not already done it is a very good idea to install SP3 on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back