Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Registering File MSADO21.TLB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcgann

Programmer
May 31, 2000
IE
All,

When i run the setup of my project that was made using the Package and Deployment Wizard
i get the Following error. An error occurred while registering the file "MSADO21.TLB"

The program then does not work correctly. I use the Data Designer on a SQL database (ADO)
Basically when the following line is reached the program stops.

deStandardCost.Commands("cmdSelect").CommandText = "Update Parts set std_cost = '" & update_Variable_Scost & "' where partcode = '" & update_Variable_Pcode & "' "

This works fine on my own machine, but not on anyone elses

I tried registering the file using regsvr32 but it could not register it.

Thanks for your help.

This seems to be a proble with the package & deployment wizard... If you'll edit the setup.lst it created, you will find something that looks like this line:

File6=@msado21.tlb,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared),11/27/00 1:58:14 PM,61440,2.50.4403.4

This is an error... it is not a "DLLSelfregistering" file (needing RegSvr32) but a "TBLRegistering" file, which needs RegTLib. Cange the line from DLLSelf... to TLBReg... like this:

File6=@msado21.tlb,$(WinSysPath),$(TLBREGISTER),$(Shared),11/27/00 1:58:14 PM,61440,2.50.4403.4

Your program will then install properly, without error on this file.

HTH.

Louis-Stephane Trudel
lsTrudel@Letico.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back