Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Reading SQL Server 2008 Tables in SQL Server 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom71555

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2005
US
Recently our database was upgraded from SQL Server 2008 to 2014.
Powerbuilder 12.6 runs on this platform however datawindow objects created in 2008 produce an error when clicking on Data Source. Error states "Table 'my table' has no columns; possible invalid table format.
Please check to see if the active DB Profile is correct."

Newly created datawindow objects work correctly. What needs to be done with the DB Profile?

Thank you for your help
Dominick

I am waiting to get my SSMS updated to 2014. I think you are correct, once I get that, it will include the new drivers. Then I will need to set up a new connection.

I got my software upgraded to SSMS 2014. I created a new ODBC connection using the latest SQL Server driver. Created a new DBProfile using the newly created ODBC data source and I still have the problem. Still receiving the message that the table does not contain any columns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back