Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error "unable to create locations due to wrong password" :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

kully

Technical User
Jan 21, 2005
IE
I am unable to login to Notes, the error "unable to create locations due to wrong password" appears when i launch notes. When i click ok, notes closes. It does not prompt me for a password at any time nor does it prompt me for my id file. I have tried rebooting, deleting cache.dsk and the usual troubleshooting but none of them work. I have logged onto my notes on a different system so the problem is with my machine. I have searched everywhere for this error but i cannot find a referance to it, has anybody ever seen this????????

Might be an idea to prompt a reinstall of Notes. You can edit the Notes.ini file and remove all but the first four lines. Also, delete the names.nsf file locally.
When you restart Notes, it will go into install mode, and you should be able to get it running again.
Of course, backup your Contacts before removing the names.nsf file - otherwise you'll have to re-enter them.
If you have a HelpDesk person available, it would be a good idea to ask him to do it.

Pascal.

Check whether the local address book has been encrypted under File-Database-Properties-Encryption. If it has, choose not to encrypt it and try again.

Another check possibly is to make your address book the first one listed to use in your preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back