Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error "Memory could not be Read" Running Some Crystal XI reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtarry

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2010
GB
I have some crystal reports which work sometimes but other times dont and get a microsoft message "Memory could not be Read". Log off PC and it then will load again. This happens on all PCs at various times.
Any ideas to the problem?

Almost sounds like a conflict with another application. Intermittent errors are very difficult to find. Do you have a 'clean' machine with only Crystal Reports installed on it?

It is a memory issue. Old PCs with little memory the report doesnt run at all. New higher spec PCS the report works ok, but after a time and ther apps run it stops working. I was wondering if there are issues with particular versions of Crystal XI?

I have been using it for a couple of years. I have the latest updates (a bit more stable and a couple of new features). I have the random crash issue (save early, save often), but other than that is is pretty good.

I have been using it mostly on two machines. One with 1 gig of memory the other with 1.5 gig of memory. The only time I have run out of memory is when I have a report that is returning several million rows (Really nasty report that had a subreport in a group footer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back