Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error "Can't find language DLL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

suziqueue

Programmer
May 10, 2001
US
I have Access97 and 2000 installed on my computer (Win 2000 and Office 2000)I have installed the latest service packs for Acc97 and Off2000.

Access97 was installed first then Office 2000, both to separate folders. If I create a shortcut to an Access97 or an Access2000 database I receive this error. "Can't find Language DLL". I have uninstalled / reinstalled both. If I right click on the Access97 db and use "open with" Access 97 I receive an error that the database is not a valid Win32 application.
If I right click on the Access 2000 db and use "open with" Access 2000 I receive this error "Microsoft Access cant find Module "path to database". You have tried to use the openModule action or method, but microsoft Access can't find hte module name specified in hte maodule name argument. Enter a valid module name from the current database." Is just redid my computer a couple days ago - think I ought to give it back - or is there a fix for this - Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm stuck using a laptop that is about to crash until I can get this fixed.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back