Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error queue operation could not complete 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbogo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2003
US
I'm using Mercator 6.5.2 with IBM Websphere MQ on an AIX 4.3 box.

I have an input card source command reads:

-QN H.QUEUE.H.01 -EQN H.ERROR.H.01

"H.QUEUE.H.01" being the source queue, and "H.ERROR.H.01" the error queue.

I have the Rollback option set, so that when a message fails, it will roll back into the error queue.

Recently, messages have not been going into the error queue, but have been rolling back into the source queue.

The error messages I get in the Management VCOnsole are:
Map Error: 8 "One or more inputs invalid" (as expected)
Card Error: -1013 "Error queue operation could not complete"
I have checked the error queue and it looks fine.

This has worked fine for a year or more. Although the amount of maps on the server is increasing.

Any ideas?

Hi
Did you recently upgrade to 6.5.2? If yes, I assume that this is a bug in the Websphere MQ Adapter. To solve this issue, Mercator has an "one-off" fix available to solve this problem.
Best regards, Martin

We had endless problems with Mercator 6.5.2 and MQSeries which Mercator blamed on bugs in MQ so we skipped 6.5.2 and went straight up to 6.7 which has been quite stable. One thing to try is setting your maxthreads to 20 as Mercator has a nasty habit affecting the performance of MQ and producing lots of unexplained errors such as this.

Thanks for the responses.

Paul Brett suggested this to me and I'm currently playing around with this mercator.ini setting, along with
IdleMQS=30
HLimMQS=20

I will let you know how I get on.

Forget about IdleMQS, unless your MQSeries has really bad problems (and it shouldn't) HLIM can help. If you have MQ 5.3 you need to be current on your CSD's from IBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back