Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error publishing - signtool/capicom

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejam

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
GB
I am getting the following error when trying to publish a vb.net project.

SignTool reported an error 'Failed to sign bin\Debug\MYPROJECT.publish\\setup.exe. SignTool Error: Signtool requires CAPICOM version 2.1.0.1 or higher. Please
copy the latest version of CAPICOM.dll into the directory that contains
SignTool.exe. If CAPICOM.dll exists, you may not have proper
permissions to install CAPICOM.

I have come into a new company and trying to publish a system that has had no changes to the setup and mod to 1 sql statement. This works when debugging and the reason behind the change is successful.

When i come to publish this I get the error above, this has been previously compiled and published 19 times. I am running from the PC i am at (the orig developers machine), using the same login as the original developer.

I did a system search and cannot find any folders related to the signtool or signtool.exe

Downloaded capicom msi from microsoft and installed successfully, still same problem.

When i try to install the .net sdk i get a setup error whilst installing.

Thought maybe there could be something wrong with the project so did a test case, created new project with one form, debugged successfully, tried to publish and get the same error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

daveJam

it works on my machine, so technically i win!

Sorry, i have fixed the issue, not sure if installing capicom was part of the fix, i moved a copy of capicom.dll to system32 folder and using regsvr32 within command prompt (cmd)i registered the dll

regsvr32 capicom.dll

brilliant!!!

daveJam

it works on my machine, so technically i win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back