Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error publishing CA 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverGuy

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
US
There was an error while retrieving data from the server: Failed to read data from report file C:\******.car. Reason: Print engine failed to open report file. File may not be the correct format, or may be corrupt.

I am using the Crystal Enterprise 8.0 cd that came in the CA 8.5 box.

I can't publish with the management console or with CA either.

I installed the sample reports off of the CA cd, but I don't see any .car files that it created--just the local cubes.

I must be missing something.

Any ideas?

Are you getting error messages when you publish?
There is an option in the installer to install the publishing wizard - if you left it selected (default is to install it) then you should have access to the publishing wizard on the Crystal Analysis menu.
I don't believe there are any sample reports in the samples install, only sample data.

There are a series of HotFixes for CE 8.0 on the Crystal Decisions web site. We started with this software and the Crystal Rep wouldn't do anything without applying these first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back