Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error printing a scheduled report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with one of my scheduled crystal reports. I tried to preview the crystal report with the parameters and it generated the report successfully. I then scheduled the report for the same set of parameters and chose the output option as PDF. Then when I tested the report, it gave the error below.

The strange thing is when I go the crystal management webpage and try to schedule the report using option "Now", then it generates the report without any error (but in this case the output PDF is not generated). But when I schedule with the output as PDF, then it gives the error. It would be of great help if there are any pointers to this problem.

Thanks.

Error Message:

Error in File D:\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\F25BOEXI03.reportjobserver\~tmp3a505442f61a64a0.rpt: Error in formula . '(IF {?device} <> 'ALL' THEN {TABLE_NAME.DEVICE} = {?device} ELSE {TABLE_NAME.DEVICE} <> {?device}) and (IF {?type} = 'ALL' THEN {TABLE_NAME.TYPE} <> 'TW' ELSE {TABLE_NAME.TYPE} = {?type}) and (IF {?priority} = 'ALL' THEN {TABLE_NAME.PRIORITY} <> {?priority} ELSE {TABLE_NAME.PRIORITY} = {?priority}) and TABLE_NAME.STNFAM} = {?stnfam}' The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula. Details: errorKind

Another piece of information I wanted to add is that the report was originally created in an earlier version of crystal but now we are using Crystal XI. Though I have not made any changes in the Crystal report designer for this scheduled report, just thought if this information be useful to solve this problem.

The more usual syntax is:

(
iF {?device} <> 'ALL' THEN
{TABLE_NAME.DEVICE} = {?device} ELSE
if {?device} = 'ALL' then
true
) and
(
IF {?type} = 'ALL' THEN
{TABLE_NAME.TYPE} <> 'TW' ELSE
if {?type} <> 'ALL' then
{TABLE_NAME.TYPE} = {?type}