Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error passing variable by reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBijleveld

Programmer
Apr 5, 2001
NL
Hi to all,

Since my hosting provider installed a new version of PHP I get the following error:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in / on line 29

The function that's called at line 29 is:
function ParseQueryString( $Params, &$Names, &$Values )

and it's called like:
$ParamCount=ParseQueryString( $QUERY_STRING, &$Names, &$Values );

It parses the Query string and returns an array of Names and an array of corresponding values.

Does anyone know how to solve this error? How can I change the declaration of the function such that it does accept parameters by reference?

---------------------
Abyss I.T. Solutions

All you need to do is remove the &'s from the call to the function, leave them in the declaration and it should be fine B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back