Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error opening template edited in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnd3

Instructor
Jul 1, 2001
US
Hi everyone, I have a crazy issue that I can't find answers for on the internet and customer service is closed today. My client has ACT!Premium 2010 and Word 2003. When I edit ACT! templates for them (using Word) occasionally I am not able to merge them, instead getting a message "The Variable Name Already Exists". We originally thought it was because I was editing them off the network, but today I edited on on the desktop and that error came up. Any ideas? I just don't want to have to keep re-doing the work, and I can't copy paste to a new template as the error still happens when I merge it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Dawn

I figured it out. The error happens when I format something in the template to be all caps. Weird. I uncheck all caps and the error is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back