Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on saving report to external folder 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmal1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2008
US
I scheduled a report to run and be saved to a mapped drive (mapped on that server), but received this error:destination DLL disabled. CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged:

what does that mean and how do save a report to a mapped drive?
thanks
Gmal

This means that the "Unmanaged Disk" destination has not been "turned" on for your system. This has to be done in two places in the Central Management Console (CMC).

1. Log in to the CMC and click on "Servers". The list of services will come up.

2. Click on "Destination Server". Go to the "Destinations" tab, check "Unmanaged Disk" and then click on the Enable button.

3. Repeat step 2 for each "Crystal Reports Job Server" (you will have one or more.)

You say that you are scheduling to a "mapped" drive. Is that drive mapped on your local computer or on the report server? The reports run on the server and know nothing about what's on your local machine. So, if the mapped drive is mapped from your workstation, you'll need to save to a UNC file path. Also, the user account that is running the report services MUST have access to write the file to the folder unless you specify that it log in as another (network) user when saving the file.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Well thank you, that worked to get rid of the error message. I am able to save only to the servers hard drive system, not any mapped drive relative to server, of course. UNC also doesnt work, maybe the formatting is a problem? I have tried many variations. Any ideas?
thanks

Just to reiterate what hilfy said as I've seen this a few times before.
Has the crystal job server service got access to the network drive\share?
If the job server service is running as local system then I don't think you can access resources over the network. Change it to a user with access to the network resource or set the username and password within the disk unmanaged page.

What do you mean by 'formatting'?
Crystal changes \\ in to // so don't let that worry you.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back