Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on import of Excel to SQL 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHansel739

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2002
I have an Access ADP program that imports an Excel spreadhseet into an SQL 7 database, and am now receiving the following error when the user tries to import an Excel spreadsheet that has 8800+ records:

There was a problem accessing a property or method of the OLE object.

They have Access 2000 running the following code to import the Excel spreadsheet:

Function Import_Data()
On Error GoTo Import_Data_Err

' DoCmd.OpenTable "ImportedData", acViewNormal, acEdit
DoCmd.RunSQL ("exec DeleteAllImported")
' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCloseWindow
PathFileName = inputbox("Enter Path and File Name of spreadsheet",
"Path and File Name of Spreadsheet")
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "ImportedData",
PathFileName, True, ""
DoCmd.RunSQL ("exec RemovePadding")

Now, I have backed up their entire database from their server and have put it on my laptop, restored it, and run the same Access ADP and was able to import the same Excel spreadsheet that first showed this issue. The spreadsheet imported fine, and the rest of the program functioned normally.

I have access to their server remotely (via Terminal Services), so I was able to duplicate this error on the server as well. It is NOT happening only on the workstations, but on the Server as well.

Please, help me as much as possible, as this is stopping their production and they have quite a few updated Excel spreadsheets that need to be imported.

--Matthew Hansel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back