Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error on Building a Full-Text Catalog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidKnows

Programmer
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have a full text index that is generating these errors on a daily basis, and we just noticed this today. We have three months of these errors but we haven't ever experienced an issue with the catalog; we can query the catalog and things return as they should.

The reason we found this is because our Domain Controller (DC1) has been trying to connect to the Database Server (DB2) every thirty-seconds. Going out on a limb, we decided we would check every server-scheduled process to see if something is throwing the errors. That is when we found this mess. The error logs on the DC1 say there was a failed attempt to log onto the server using 'SA"... and our Database Server is using 'web' or 'dbo' for all Anaymous logins. I'm just a programmer so I don't understand this fully... and out Network Admin is out of the office; we're working with our techie to see if we can't find the root of this problem.

Any ideas? I'll be actively at my computer so I can reply promptly with answer to any questions.

Thank you.

-------------------------ERROR-------------------------

Date 10/23/2007 11:30:00 AM
Log SQL Agent (Archive #2 - 12/6/2007 9:31:00 AM)

[000] Request to run job Start Optimize Catalog Population on ProdSystem.FTCatalogProd (from Schedule 6 (IncPopulate)) refused because the job has no job steps

-------------------------ERROR-------------------------

Date 12/6/2007 9:50:00 AM
Log SQL Agent (Current - 12/6/2007 9:50:00 AM)

[000] Request to run job Start Optimize Catalog Population on ProdSystem.FTCatalogProd (from Schedule 16 (Daily Rebuild)) refused because the job has no job steps

According to the error the SQL Agent job doesn't have any job steps. Check the job and see if it does. If it doesn't disable the job until you can get the job step rewritten and added back.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back