Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

123qweasdzc

Programmer
Sep 27, 2005
PT
I want to open an ODBCConnection to a DB2 database. I develop a simple code in a Windows Console application:

Class1.odbcConn = new OdbcConnection("DSN=*;UID=*;PWD=*");
try
{
odbcConn.Open();
}
catch(OdbcException e)
{
Console.WriteLine(e.StackTrace);
}

The connection opens without problems. But when I use the same code in a web service, the follwing expection error is raised:

Message "ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC DB2 Driver] Internal Error. Contact Microsoft Product Support (e:\source\babylon\data\odin\clients\phoenix\driver\connection.cpp:720).
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC DB2 Driver] Internal Error. Contact Microsoft Product Support (e:\source\babylon\data\odin\clients\phoenix\driver\connection.cpp:720)." string

Any clues? Thanks in advance :).

Did you get a solution to your problem? I am also getting the same IM006 error on our web service trying to connect to a db2 database

Thank you for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back