Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error occurred when opening view

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrishSP

Programmer
Jun 1, 2006
IN
Hi Accpac Gurus,

Development Environment:
Windows 7, 32bit, visual Studio 2005 VC++, Accpac & SDK 2014
MS SQL Server 2008

Client Environment:
Windows 8, 64bit, Sage 300 ERP 2014, MS SQL Server 2008

I am trying to upgrade one of my custom module (Add-on application) from 5.6A to 6.2A. I compiled my views (accpac business objects) in Visual Studio 2005 VC++

When i deploy and activate the application i get the error "Error occurred when opening view <view ID>. However, if install Visual Studio 2005 VC++ component, the application activated and the view objects are created and opened without any issues. Unfortunately, i am not entitled to install Visual studio VC++ 2005 at client environment.

Below steps taken to fix didn't help.
1. Installed Visual Studio 2005 VC++ redistributable pack x86.
2. copied msvcrtd.dll and msvcrt80.dll into syswow64 folder.
3. Copied VC++ redistributable files manually into program files\Sage Accpac\aavvv folder.

Hence, my questions are:
1. I guess Sage Accpac 2014 uses Visual Studio 2005 to build its views (Accpac Business Objects). Please confirm.
2. If answer to 1 is yes i built the views using Visual Studio VC++ 2005, why am i getting this error?
3. Do I need to install or copy any other files in addition to visual studio VC++ 2005 redistributable pack x86? If yes, Please let me know what are the other files that needs to be installed/copied to overcome the issue.
4. Is there a place where i can download the set of runtime files that needs to be installed?

Looking forward to a fix for this issue.

Please let me know if any further information is required to understand the issue.

thanks,
Krish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back