Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Msg: Verifying Forwarding Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzCan

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2006
CA
Hi Everyone,

I have a client that was using a hosted Exchange server, and just migrated them to an internal Exchange 2003 server. A new profile was added to each user's Outlook 2003.

The users have were previously setup with Blackberry Desktop Redirector for their hosted Exchange accounts, and it worked flawlessly.

Messages are being delivered into each user's inbox. So, I went ahead and changed which Outlook profile the Blackberry Redirector uses, then reset the encryption keys, etc.

However, now the redirector permanently shows "Verifying Forwarding Address" in the status box. I called the wireless company (Rogers), and was taken through a bunch of steps, as follows:

1. Reset encryption key by wiggling mouse around.
2. Adding a registry key in HKLU\Software\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Redirector called ForwardingAddress and set to network@etp.ca.blackberry.net.
3. Deleting the user's old hosted exchange profile (was going to be removed in due course anyway).
3. Uninstalling and reinstalling BDM.

I also looked on blackberry.com and tried some of their suggestions (most didn't apply to this situation). None of them solved the problem though.

So, if anyone has encountered this problem before, please let me know how to solve it.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back