Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Msg: "You do not have the appropriate liscence..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallman64

Programmer
Nov 2, 2000
CA
Hello Programmers,

I need help with a decidedly un-helpful Microsoft error message. My program is created with VB5 Enterprise Edition and uses a DBGrid, a Data contol and a few other standard components.

Most of my installations work fine, but on some machines, i get the following Microsoft message:

"You do not have the appropriate liscence to use this functionality"

Of course, the Microsoft site (MSDN) clarifies the problem with something like: "this error means you do not have the appropriate liscence to use this functionality" (heavy sarcasm).

GUESS:
I think that the DBgrid is causing this failure and am looking to "manually" register the DBGrid on the machines that are giving me the error.

Can anyone help with finding the source of the error?

Thanks in advance,

Chris (Tallman64)

do the machines on which you face problems have registered/ licenced versions of the activex controls that you are using. this is the typical reason for error 429. you can check which control is giving you the error by trying to insert the components on a blank form on the comps that give problem. the component which is not registered will not be allowed to be inserted on the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back