Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Msg "Page size not large enough..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriswulf

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
NZ
I have designed a report (using CR 8.5) that makes extensive use of subreports to retrieve and format all the information required by my client. The client is able to select which items will be reported on via query building tools that are part of the software they use.

Because each item can potentially have a large amount of information to be reported back, I have turned off the "keep together" checkbox on all sections, sub-reports, and objects (in both sub and main reports), as my client would prefer the report to just continue onto the next page from where it left off than try to keep all the details on one page.

The report is now finished, but when it is run (via the client's software) it frequently generates the following error message: "The page size was not large enough to format the contents of an object in the report." In these cases it is usually possible to get the report working by "passing" less data to it.

I've spent a lot of time trying to determine what might be causing this and have drawn mostly blanks.

I've tested a "stand alone" version of the report and that generates the same error, so I'm pretty sure it's not the client's software.

Is anybody able to shed some light on this problem?

Thanks.

Do you have a subreport that can grow in the page header or page footer? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

No. Page header is empty, and I only have the Special Fields Print Date, Print Time & Page N of M in the page footer.

I've eliminated the problem from occuring by clicking the "Keep Group Together" checkbox (all sub-reports are in the one group) which ends up generating less blank space than "keeping together" the individual components.

My client is happy with this compromise, but thanks for attempting to assist me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back