Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error msg: Network operation did not complete in a reasonable amount of time; please retry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGarcia

Programmer
Oct 7, 2004
PR
Good day.

I'm getting this error when trying to make a copy of an application. There has been no recent issues or updates. All developers are having the same issue.

i appreciate your recommendations.

Thank you.

Release 8.5.3
Revision 20110916.0921 (Release 8.5.3)
Standard Configuration
L-GHUS-86PQVM

M. Garcia
Senior Programmer Analyst
Puerto Rico

Are you trying to make a Notes copy of the database, or a network copy ?
How many documents does the database have ? What is its size ?
Have the views been refreshed ?

Having answers to these questions would help in determining what the problem may be. Also, a consistency check might come in helpful. See your admin for that.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Good day Pascal.

Thanks for your response.

I'm trying to make a copy to a.ntf file. To other users, the issue arises when trying to transport the ntf to production. Even the server administrator is getting the message. The application was working fine the weeks before.

Regards.

M. Garcia
Puerto Rico

pmonett

Regarding your questions, application administrator sends the following

Are you trying to make a Notes copy of the database, or a network copy ? --> Network copy
How many documents does the database have ? What is its size ? --> Different sizes, affects more than one DB.
Have the views been refreshed ? --> It was refreshed and the issue remains.

Thanks.

M. Garcia
Puerto Rico

Hello again,

If you want to make an ntf, you would do better to do it Notes. File / Application / New Copy and select design only.

That being said, if many databases are impacted, it seems to be more of a network issue than a Notes issue. What changes have been made that suddenly made the server so sluggish ?

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Good day pmonett.

I create the ntf as you indicated. Other developers are still having problems. Like you said, we believe it's a network issue. It has been suggested that we open a case with IBM.

Thank you for your reccomendations.

M. Garcia
Puerto Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back