Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error msg encountered when enabling netvault in snap server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscw88

MIS
Nov 6, 2003
SG
hi

My snap nas server is connect directly to a tape drv and I'm using netvault to manage the snap svr to backup data directly from snap to tape drv via scsi card.

When I try to enable netvault feature in snap server web-based gui, It give a error:

"Failed to start NetVault. Please make sure that a volume exists with at least 60MB available."

I hav ssh and check the guardian OS partition and it alr hav more then enough of 60mb space available.

I hav noticed that it does not hav a separate mount partition (unlike ca antivirus feature 4 snap server), must I create a separate mount partition for netvault as well? if so, how to do it.

Pls help. Thks.

1: Have you created a volume or does a volume already exist?

You have to have a raid and a volume on the server.

2: ssh into the server and type "df -h" and make sure there is hd/vol_mnt0/ and that there is at least 60MB available.

3: If the answer is yes to both, from ssh type this "tpa nv status". does it say "distribution exists, installed, enabled, running" Most likely it doesn't.

I will wait for your response. this i will be easy to solve. No worries. :)

I have already solved it. Thks for the respond anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back