Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: MS Access was not able to create an MDE database

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinil

Programmer
Mar 2, 2003
GB
Hi,

When I try to create an MDE file from my Access 2000 MDB database file,I get the error message "Microsoft Access was not able to create an MDE database".

So I created a new database to import few objects (Queries, Tables, Forms etc..) at a time to identify the problem.

When I imported Table and Queries, it created MDE from MDB (It worked). But, after imported Forms, Reports or Modules it does not work, even if I deleting the new imports and compact the database. Access keeps showing the above error.

Can someone help? Is there a fix? Thanks.

Vinil.

Try compiling all the code first, there may be a problem there that is preventing the MDE from being created. Compiling will highlight any errors

Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

Also, if you reference any other access databases, they must be converted to .mde files prior to converting yours to a .mde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back