Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error migrating Powerbuilder 12.6 classic to .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topshooter

Programmer
Dec 12, 2015
NL
Hi,

I am attempting to migrate a PB 12.6 classic application to .NET. I am now down to 3 errors:
“Invalid filename specified for preprocessor directive. Filename is too long or not a valid filename”.
How can I find out which file name is in error? All I am shown is a line number and column. I don't know where to look.

Any help would be appreciated,
Gerry.

Hi Matt, thanks for replying.

This is all the information I have. BTW this is the evaluation version.

Error_j2aoff.jpg

My assumption is that the path to the Microsoft reference assemblies is too long but I am not really sure. I don't know if there is some way to install them with a shorter path.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

This is my first incursion into the wonderful world of PB.NET and I am not overly impressed. As I installed PB in the default locations I would have assumed that PB/M$ would assign all the correct paths, or at least provide a way to change them. Getting stuck this early on is not a good sign. Guess I will stick to 10.5 as 12.6 classic just doesn't offer enough extra to justify the upgrade. Maybe when 12.7 comes out I try again. Anyway Matt thanks for the effort.

Gerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back