Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error messages with ARCserveIT for Windows NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis26

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2000
US
I am presently using ARCserveIT 6.61 for Windows NT (Advanced Edition). I use it on a Windows NT 4.0 server using Service Pack 5. I also have about 30 workstations using windows 95. ARCserve backs up my file and print server and my exchange server (the first one it runs on, the second one is exchange running on a NT4.0 server also). I am receiving the following error messages and was wondering if any of you have experience with them. We use the open file agent on the server so we can back up open files. I have tried the ARCserve database but have not had much luck.<br>
<br>
a)W3404 unable to open file, EC-file not found.<br>
b)W3404 Unable to open file, EC=sharing violation<br>
c) [ID:E3FC, SESSION:2] is merged. (files=xxxx) xxxx can be anywhere from a one digit to a five digit number.<br>
<br>
Thanks in Advance,<br>
Louis 26<br>
Brooklyn, N.Y.<br>
<br>

What verify options are you using? I had the same messages which had me baffled. If verify is on, Arcserve attempts to open the file to do a compare. When it backs a file up, it just backs it up. It does not attempt to open it. <br><br>Hope this helps.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back