Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR MESSAGES KEEP COMING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moveit

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GB
Over the years I have used Windows 2000, XP Professional and now Windows 7 Professional. Even though I have used new motherboards, new memory and new hard drives I keep getting the same problems after a time.

At booting the computer does a check disk and corrects Indexes, orphans and descriptors. It reboots then sometimes I get the error message that the boot sector cannot be accessed. Other times I get the error message 0xc0000000f. Using the OS disk does not work. Sometimes the blue screen comes on saying it is dumping memory.

The only consistency is I have used the same full tower computer case and various versions of Horizon DataSys Rollback RX Professional and Zonealarm. Sometimes if I go back to the installed section on Rollback I can get the computer to work but have to redo my settings.

I cannot see that all these problems have been due to various makes of faulty drives or memory. I have even tried SSD and have got the same problems. Can anyone suggest why this is still happening?

Run without the Horizon software for a while - uninstall it. I've seen blue screen issues with their Drive Vaccine product on some of my lab computers. There is NO WAY that a problem follows you across different motherboards, different hard drives, etc. If the common thread is that software, that's where to start!!!

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Goombawaho. In the past I have run the computer without Rollback and still got the problems. It was with XP so I will try it with 7 and see what happens.

Ok, but you realize that problems can't follow you from one computer to another UNLESS there is a common thread like same hard drive used or the same software combination.

It's not like you have a black cloud hanging over you. There is a logical explanation if you eliminate things from the equation, thus why I wanted you to run without this software.

Just as a matter of interest, when you install, do you do a quick format or a full format? I've run into similar problems if the disk has never been formatted and I do a quick format.

I don't think Windows 7 gives you any options - that was a Windows XP thing.

Windows 7 formats before loading the OS. I have let it format my SSD and I am using that. So far so good. I have not loaded the Horizon Rollback as maybe rolling back the system might not agree with the OS.

Yes, I knew that and was just pointing out that there is no quick format option in Windows 7 but no doubt it IS a quick format or it would take much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back