Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Messages E8552 and E8563

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelley

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am trying to backup an exchange server across the network. I have installed the exchange agent on the client machine and can set my job up to backup the relevant data on this server.

When I run the job I keep getting lots of W3404 and W3301 warnings. What concerns me more is that when the job backs up the registry of this machine I keep getting these two error messages.

E8552 Failed to recieve data from the exchange database agent (10054)
E8563 Failed to send data to the database agent (10054)

Please can you teel me how to resolve these errors and complete a successful backup.

Hi !

Have you installed the NT Client Agent on the Exchange server too ?

Doing this would allow to backup Exchange database via Exchange agent and all the rest via NT client Agent.

If you are using an Arcserve Advanced Edition you should have an NT Client agent license which can be installed 5 times.

Hope this helps

Habakuk Tibatong

I am also having the same problem after upgrading Arcserve 2000 to SP4. It is unable to talk to Exchange agent but connects to SQL agent without any problems

did you ever find a solution to this, I am having the same problem

Well, My attempts to get help from local CA support failed and finally I reinstalled the Arcserve 2000 with SP3(There is no way to backout SP4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back