Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyjon

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2002
NZ
We are running windows 2000 server and are running Paradox 8 on two machines, one with windows 98SE and the other Windows 2000. When we change a devault value in the table reconstruction from a previous value we get a error message and Paradox freezes. It's perfectly fine if we add where there is no previous value, only if we change a previous value. The error meesage is entitled "Pdxwin32" and "Access violation at address 4C1E7D96 in module 'idbat32.dll'. Read of address 000000000." It started with the Win98SE machine and the started happening to the Win 2000 machine. I removed Paradox and re-installed it but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for providing the Access Violation data, for the module information tells us that the problem is occuring in one of the IDAPI DLL's, the one that handles batch processes, if memory serves.

I suspect you have one of two problems:

1. The table's corrupted and bneeds to be rebult before you'll be able to restructure it.

2. You may need to update IDAPI itself (download the latest version from The latest version can be found at . Before you update, though, you may wish to verify your BDE version number (see for the details, as there's a trick involved.)

If you've recently restructured the table, it's possible that's what caused the corruption. While I haven't finished studing the problem completely, I have heard that it's best to rebuild tables after restructuring them in certain configurations. (Personally, I've not had any problems with this, but I've seen enough reports that it seems to be good advice. I am studying the problem in more detail and may be able to offer some observations soon.)

Also, since you're using Windows 2000, I strongly recommend following the configuration advice offerend on the BDE Support site (
Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back