Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message when closing form (due to chart?) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwca

Technical User
Nov 12, 2002
GB
Hi all

I have a form which has various subforms embedded in it. I also have 3 charts in the form which are based on the data in 3 of the subforms.

The problem is that each time I close the form, an error/info message comes up:
"The object is locked so any changes you make will be discarded when the form is closed."

This message comes up 3 times every time I close the form and I assume it is related to the charts as it only started happening when I added them in.
I have checked in the properties of the charts (and the subforms) and none of them have the "Locked" property set to Yes.

In an effort to stop this, I created a macro to "SetWarnings" to No and added this to the "OnClose" event on the main form but this didn't work when I pressed the "x" button to close the form. Strangely, when I created another macro to close the form then set warnings to off and attached this to a new button, it works - but I want to use the normal "x" button to close the form.

If anyone can help with stopping the error or making the macro work I would be eternally grateful!

Apologies for the very long question!

What is the frame's Enabled property set to? (in which the graph(s) is placed)

---------------------------------------
The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

Enabled is set to Yes...

Yes!!!
That has worked! Thanks a million...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back