Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message: %PLATFORM_STACKPOWER-4-UNBALANCED_PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereim

Technical User
Mar 13, 2011
AU
Hi all
Its the first time i am installing power stack leads to the given stack of 3750X. They are only 2 switches in the stack so i am using 2 power stack cables. I installed the first power stack lead using Green side on top (sw1) to yellow end to second port on the Sw2. And then the second cable, yellow side to the second port on sw1 and green side on first port on sw2.
but for some reason i am seeig this error message:

000041: *Mar 1 08:03:20.892 WST: %PLATFORM_STACKPOWER-4-UNBALANCED_PS: Switch 1's power stack has unbalanced power supplies

Any suggestions?

Thanks

According to Cisco:

Error Message PLATFORM_STACKPOWER-4-UNBALANCED_PS: Switch power stack has unbalanced power supplies
Explanation: The switch stack has a switch with multiple power supplies, but another switch in the same switch stack has no power supplies. The first [dec] is the switch with multiple power supplies. The second [dec] is the switch without power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back