Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Message: Operating system file operation on file failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel7170

Programmer
Mar 12, 2009
US
Hello,

I am using Business Objects Enterprise 11 to schedule some of my crystal reports X1. My reports are failing and I get this error Message. I am facing this issue only for my Scheduled reports and not when I run manually.

Operating system file operation on file XXXXXXXX.rpt failed.

Can anyone help me on why these scheduled reports are failing?

Hi,
be sure the jobpageserver, the cacheserver and the reportpageserver all are running under an account that has full rights to the FRS directories ( Input and Output )

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi Turkbear am also having the same issue.I have these reports scheduled daily and When am trying to see the instance every morning its showing the above error message as" operating system file operation failed" I was wondering what exactly could be the problem and how would you solve it. could you explain me clearly. Because i cant see any data while running it from the local machine on crystal 8.5.

Thanks,
Nav

Hi,
Check the event viewer for the server running BOE and see what errors related to the jobserver ( or any others) are there.

That error usually means one of two things:
The account that the service is running under does not have permission to access that location/file
or
the file is not there.

If you cannot see data when running from a local CR, then there is also something off in your report - any error when you run it locally?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi man thanks for the prompt reply. When i try to run the report locally using crystal 8.5 it returns no errors but it doesnt fetch any data. How to chekc the event viewer for the server?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back