Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Message on Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nascent

Programmer
Jul 31, 2001
GB
I have created an .exe file in 2.6 for Win, which I have run under Win98 2nd Ed and Win 3.1. When I double click on the program icon, I get an error message on a white background, headed "foxprow". It then says that an error has occurred in the program and invites me to close or ignore. If I ignore, my program opens and works perfectly. Was this error a problem with early versions of 2.6 ? Any ideas how I can solve the error. The same error occurs when I open 2.6 for Win in developer mode and on any machine.

I had this same problem and it turned out that my new machine was much faster (Pentium III 866MHz) than my previous machine and it caused some weird error. Go to my previous post Mark0209 from 8/5. I believe that the subject is New Machine or something like that. One of the respondants pointed me to patch that I installed and it corrected the problem.

Good luck...

This is a common problem for people running a machine faster than 333mhz.
DZPATCH is a download that will probably cure your problem. It is scattered all over the 'net but here is a place you can get it.

It also has instructions for using it.

Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back