Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message in Event Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2003
US
I get these error messages(below) every 5 minutes under Application in the Event Viewer on my 2nd Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller which also happens to be a DNS and WINS server. The first Win2003 Server Domain Controller which is also a DNS and WINS server does not get these error messages.

Error message 1:

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

Error message 2:

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO cn={E6BD3288-2BB1-4A55-B0E6-23E3D481F7AA},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=rh,DC=viphealth,DC=com. The file must be present at the location <\\Domain\SysVol\rh.viphealth.com\Policies\{E6BD3288-2BB1-4A55-B0E6-23E3D481F7AA}\gpt.ini>. (Access is denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Is it a permissions issue?

What are the event IDs and sources for the errors? The first place I generally go to research events is eventid.net (they have a search function) but those sound familiar..like I've seen them somewhere before. Possible replication problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back