Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error message in conversion to Access 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

beec

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
GB
We just changed over from Access 97 to 2002. When I try to open a database I used in 97, I get the following message :

The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable database.

To convert or enable a database, ensure the following:
*You must join the workgroup that defines the user accounts used to access the database.
*Your user account must have Open/Run and Open Exclusive permissions for the database object.
*Your user account must have Modify Design or Administer permissions for all tables in the database, or it must be the owner of all tables in the database.
*Your user account must have Read Design permission for all objects in the database.
*Request that other users close the database.

No one else has this database open.
In Access 97 I never had problems with this database.
I had no problems opening other databases with Access 2002. They are converted without any problem.
There is a lot of VBA code in this database, can that be a problem ?

Can anyone help me with this ??

Tx, Bert.

It looks like you do not have owners rights to this base, if you can open it in access97 goti security and change the owner to admin and try again.

If you are not allowed to change the owner let me know and I will see what I can for you.

Rgds
Herman

Herman,

I tried a while yesterday and I found a solution as follows :

1. Create a blanc database in Access 2002
2. Import all tables, queries, forms, ... from the database file in Access 97
3. The database is ready to use in Access 2002 with all your data, relations, VBA code, ... You only have to tell Access what your startscreen will be. That part is not imported.

Maybe this also helps other people with the same problem.

Bert.

On your import to the A2002 you were the proud owner of the base, so excelent, its working ! Great!
Mayby my faq705-2586 can help you also.
All the best Herman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back