Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Message Can't perform the action at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacus2

Programmer
May 31, 2000
US
I get this error message after I enter a new record and perform my save and update function. This function is called from a command button and consists of about 20 queries and a me.refresh at the end. The queries update certain fields and set defaults if the fields that are null.

There are about 11,000 records in the database.

After these queries are completed and I click on any other command button on the form, I get this message and cannot do anytyhing on the form. All command buttons give the same message. I believe access is running something in the background but I'm not sure what.

I check in the microsoft knowledge databse but coul not find this error message.

If I knew what causes this error message I can fix the problem.

I cannot duplicate this problem on my computer using less records.

Thanks

If the form/table/whatever you are using to enter new records was called by VBA, make sure you OpenTable/OpenForm, etc has the correct parameters attached. It's possible you opened it in 'update-but-not-insert' mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back