Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error MACOLA 76 - New Server - Need help Fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmeeTech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2010
US
On my test enviroment, everything went smooth. Now as I am stressing TODAY during the switchover, I cannot get my clients to login. I copied the Macola76 folder to new server, PWE on client gets to login screen, login name, company name ok, then "This program has failed during login and will be shut down" 0 . Somthing about possibly older Btrieve components in any search path?? I don;t know. The office is closed for only a few days, for me to get this done. Can anyone help me please?

You cannot simply copy over the Macola76 folder to do this, you must INSTALL Macola on the new server, as the installation process installs and registers several dll and ocx files on the application server. You will need to install Pervasive on the new server as well.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back