Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: LoadLibrary on NT Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZakiMaksyutov

Programmer
Feb 28, 2001
RU
Hello!

I've encounetered with following error:
when I load dll by
::LoadLibrary(szPath); on NT Workstation
this functions fails with error (got by GetLastError) = 182, ERROR_INVALID_ORDINAL (The operating system cannot run %1).
When I install on this computer MS Visual C++ 6, there is no such error (functions successes). On another operating systems (I think so) there is no this error also.

May be anyone can help?

Thanks.

I have program, which installs as ActiveX.
In ActiveX there are two dll. They are the same except model: one in standart ReleaseMinDependency and another Unicode version of its.

when I try to run
regsvr32 Standart.dll, then function successes.
when
regsvr32 Unicode.dll, then error 182L.

In ActiveX installer there is installation of mfc42.dll and other needed dlls...

The program should be linked statically. If so, when you uninstall VC you don't have problems. If you use some DLLs, you should put them in the place where points the parameter from LoadLibrary. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

My program isn't linked statically...
It is ActiveX and for WinNT/2000 using Unicode version of program and fpr Win9x - Non-unicode.
There is cab file from microsoft which contains all dlls - mfc42.dll and mfc42u.dll in particularly.
mfc42.dll successfully updates but not mfc42u.dll.
When I copy mfc42u.dll to computer, there is no error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back