Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error loading configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhartnett

MIS
Nov 21, 2005
US
Glad to see this forum is still up and going! I've recently run into an issue with our old Livelink(9.5) installation. From the Admin page "Configure Notification" and "Test email delivery" respond with "Error loading configuration". Everything else seems to be ok. Any ideas on where I should look for an issue? I've checked opentext.ini for anything "notify" or "mail" and don't see anything untoward. Thanks in advance.

(P.S. I'm asking here since Livelink was OEM'ed into our document assembly program and that company has since gone away, so I don't have access to OT directly anymore)

It is likely that you are imagining that if you put a mail host and port 21 there it would work but the fact of the matter is that host and port has to be a working smtp server once you can confirm that and perhaps re save that it may work 9.5 is gargantuan old don’t expect a lot of help from that on anyone other than old hobby people. Also if you don’t have that page LL will not be able to send email that’s all if you can live with that

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

I didn't think having an incorrect SMTP setting in the file would stop the menu from even opening. Thanks though! You've given me something else to check out.

I get that it's very old and can't expect much for help but I appreciate you responding.. Unfortunately there's no way for me to upgrade it as it's part of this other legacy application.

Yes if livelink is returning a page and not a SDNR then that means no thread has crashed if you know how to run builder or search for available patches that may help. I would also click notify on first then resale re start and then on re save re start to see if it writes to the db

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back