Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Loading component - Creating ODBC Client Datasource

Status
Not open for further replies.

humour

Programmer
Nov 24, 2003
As part of the BusinessVision accounting packaging I get a Btrieve database engine and odbc components.

** I have a few problems listed below, underneath my problems I have listed the version #'s I think are relevant.

Prob #1
Error:
Msgbox Title: Pervasive ODBC Client DSN Setup

error: Failed to connect to server. Error Loading component
-----
Trying to create a Pervasive Odbc Engine Interface yields this error:

Cannot connect to Pervasive.sql server or Pervasive Workstation Engine. Make sure that the Pervasive.Sql Server is started or Pervasive Sql Workstation is enabled.

Prob 3: May be the root cause of problems 1 & 2 but I am not sure..

Running the Pervasive System Analyzer yields this result

Failed to Load Dynamic Link Library w3dbav80.dll or one of the files it requires.

Can someone point me to a detailed FAQ or KB article that details :
- All ENV settings I need.
- All ODBC .dll's, dependencies etc

Versions:
Pervasive ODBC 8.60.192.30
BusinessVision 7.3

Thanks in advance for any and all help

The only environment setting is the path. You need to make sure PVSW\BIN (or where PSQL is installed) is in the system path. THat'll cause problem #1. Problem #2 is caused if you don't have a WGE/Server engine on the local machine (or it's not running). Where's the data?

Did you install PSQL as part of BusinessVision or was it separate? If it was separate, how did you run it? Also, what OS are you on?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

I reinstalled the program but before and after I ran the Pervasive analyzer and deleted all of the current and previous versions.

Thanks for your response.

I can confirm that BV version 7 (7.3) does install what is required to setup Pervasive ODBC Data sources,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back