Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error installing Certificate Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACraib

MIS
Sep 7, 2001
GB
I'm trying to set up a DC to be a Enterprise CA. I enter in all the information about company name etc. The installation process then comes back with an eror ....

An error occured when generating key &quot;<Company Name> for the Certificate Services service. Either the CSP configuration is not complete or the key length is not support ....&quot;

Anyone come across this before?

Cheers

Andrew

Are you installing a root CA or a subordinate CA? A subordinate requires a root CA to authorize with (ie. verisign as an external source). In the naming convention for your CA, you must avoid certain characters &*[] etc. If you install a root CA, don't expect it to be trusted by any internet users browsing to your website. Reference cybex MCSE network structure administration chapter 14.

I'm trying to install a root CA for internal use by Exchange Outlook Web Access.

I am getting the same error. Did anyone ever figure this out? I am trying to set it up on a Windows 2000 SBS (Small Business Server). Also, once I have tried to set it up and it fails, if I use the same for the certificate server when I try to set it up again, I get an &quot;Object already exists&quot; error.

I am also trying to set it up for SSL use with OWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back