Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in VB......

Status
Not open for further replies.

egapogi

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
PH
For the past several months i've been using my VB in my Pentium II Dell Machine and its works fine.. Just this afternoon I encountered an error while doing screen design and writing codes (usual development stuffs).

The error is like this:

Invalid DLL Entrypoint.
The dynamic link library is not written correctly. The stack pointer has been left in an inconsistent state. The entry point should be declared as WINAPI or STDCALL. Select YES to fail the DLL load. Select NO to continue execution. Selecting NO may cause the application to operate incorrectly.

---So I restart my PC... After Restarting I launched VB and the same error was encountered... So I decided to unistall Visual Studio 6 (Thinking of removing everything and reinstall)... When I click on Remove/Install in control panel-Add/Remove Programs, the same error was encountered and the system cannot uninstall Visual Studio as reported... I tried intalling visual studio without unistalling the current one... but same error...

Anybody who has an idea on this?...

Please share...

Thanks,

Try uninstalling, if that doesn't work, look up on MSDN to find the files distributed with Visual Studio. Manually remove them, then run a registry cleaner to make sure that all the registry entries are cleaned. You should then be able to re-install.

But If this si a PC that has been configured and running for a few years now, I'd suggest something that requires a little more work, but is guaranteed to get everything pretty again.

Format C:
I ghost my PC once every 6 months or so to make sure I keep my PC image nice and clean.
Craig, mailto:sander@cogeco.ca

Remember not to name the Lambs...
It only makes the chops harder to swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back